Griffon 0.2.1 and 0.3-BETA-1 released
Griffon is a Grails inspired framework for writing RIAs on the JVM using Groovy.
For a list of features added in 0.2.1 see the Griffon 0.2.1 Release Notes http://griffon.codehaus.org/Griffon+0.2.1.
For a list of features added in 0.3-BETA-1 see the Griffon 0.3-BETA-1 Release Notes http://griffon.codehaus.org/Griffon+0.3-BETA-1.
The Notable Major Features in the 0.3.X series are:
* Enhancements to packaging options for applet and webstart modes.
* Native libraries support -- applications can now bundle platform specific jars and libraries. Supports 32bit versions only.
* Addon improvements -- more configurable options like events and FactoryBuilderSupport delegates.
* New Artifact inspection API -- adds the ability to inspect artifacts at runtime and apply meta-programming.
* New threading options -- UIThreadHelper mirrors SwingBuilder's threading facilities and expands them.
* Service support and auto-injection. See Guice and Spring plugins for more powerful and comprehensive DI options.
A list of bugs fixed in this release is at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRIFFON/fixforversion/16101.
The release notes pages contain links to sample applications. You can download the Griffon distribution at the downloads page [http://griffon.codehaus.org/Download]
Thanks to all those who contributed to this release!
--The Griffon Team
PD: griffon-bin-0.2.1.zip is missing from the download page. You can use the tar ball or the installer for the time being.